Our Findings and outcomes
Subject Specific Labs - A Nook & Corner of our own!
Our continuous analysis on student engagement and class focus has led us to the conclusion that movement breaks or brain breaks are brief intervals t which help in more focussed learner engagement. We follow Lab system for all subjects, including the core ones.
Having specific English Labs, Math labs, Science Labs, Global Studies Lab, Tamil Lab, French Lab, Robotix Lab, Art Studio, Rhythm & Movement, provides students with the opportunity for vertical learning too.
As per our findings, children enjoy moving between labs for their subject classes.
‘Smart Labs’ Promote:
- Improved Attention in class
- Fresh & alert, students are ready to take up more challenging tasks
- Small movement break gives them time to unwind and get prepared for the next class
Listening Skills Bookvie Connections
At BMIS, our end-of-the-academic-year reflections and evaluation findings showed us that, children need an enhanced ‘Listening Time’. Enhancing our resource bank by including movies has helped us bridge the gap & fulfil the listening requirements of our learners.
We have come up with a novel skill development programme – ‘Bookvie Connections’ to enhance the listening, visualising, predicting & writing skills through the unique lessons, that connect movies and books.
Numeracy - Abstraction Skills
- Numeracy skills – Math teaching is all about moving from Concrete to abstract. BMIS has implemented a unique E-L-P-S way of teaching math, which facilitates hands-on experience in all the math concepts, that leads to mathematical thinking and computation.
- We use innovative tool kits developed by JODO GYAN, in our math labs, to achieve this experiential learning of concepts in Maths and we’re witnessing successful results!
Testing Foreign Waters - First Language Acquisition Approach
Budding Minds French teachers have begun an innovative approach for foreign language learning – treating it as ‘First Language’. This programme facilitates ‘thinking’ in Foreign language while learning it. This is an ongoing research.