TEACHING & LEARNING
BMIS – A MODEL SCHOOL!!
We are proud to say that we are one of the model schools, where teachers from other schools walk in to observe our teaching methodology & go back to their schools with lot of takeaways, to try their hands on them. This gives the entire BM teaching fraternity self-assurance about the delivery of quality learning experience to our inquisitive, confident, exploring learners.
As our vision statement states, we look forward for more such experiences to stand out as a testimony on how the educational system should be.
The Cambridge Primary Programme (CPP)
CPP from University of Cambridge develops English, Mathematics and Science skills in young children across the world. It has been fully adopted at BMIS and gives our students excellent preparation for Secondary education. Designed for children aged 5 – 11, CP provides learning objectives for each year of our student’s Primary education.
- Its step-by-step programme of learning, takes children from the start of Primary education to completion; before they move on to Secondary education. CPP helps both teachers and parents gain a greater understanding of individual students’ abilities.
- At the end of an academic year from Gr 2, students take the Progression Tests in Mathematics, English and Science. These are designed to allow teachers to follow the progress of their students over time and analyse performance within their classes and against an external benchmark.
CPP is flexible and it offers us expert guidance on how to develop our curriculum and how best to prepare our teaching to maximise students’ learning.
- English, Math, Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
- Language – Tamil, Hindi, French
- Global Studies (GS) – History, Civics, Geography
- Integrated computer technology (ICT)
- Robotics:PLAY – CREATE – INNOVATE
Children will be introduced to Robot construction, Coding (Scratch), design techniques, linked with CIE curriculum & 21st century skills. Specials (Co-curricular) – Dance, Music, Arts, Crafts, Karate
Subjects offered at BMIS
|1||✔||✔||✔||Tam + Hindi||✔|
|2||✔||✔||✔||Tam + Hindi||✔||✔|
|3||✔||✔||✔||Tam + Hindi||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|4,5||✔||✔||✔||Tam / Hindi + French||✔||✔||✔||✔|
Flipped Learning – from Gr 5 onwards
From Gr 5 onwards, we follow flipped classroom model, based on the subject needs and sub-strand requirements. The preparation required for the class topics are communicated as home assignments and the children need to do an extended reading or research on the topics given, at home, carry out the -re-class analysis at home and come prepared for the class. The topic engagement, enhancement and critical thinking activities will be carried out in the class. Children are responsible for their learning, in this model. Hence, home assignments are not always a follow-up/practice, but also a preparation for the next class.